Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Message?

I was at an airport recently, and after finishing a quick breakfast, I realized that I didn't have much time to get to my flight. However, I couldn't remember what number my gate was. Mentally, I narrowed it down to either 82 or 84, which I could see were in opposite directions. For some reason it occured to me that my gate number would be written on the under side of my snapple cap. When I turned it over, the message read "There are over 82 miles of shoreline in Nantucket."

Amazed, I began to wonder how it was that my question had been so aptly answered. After all, it's not every day that the idea comes to one that his flight number should be located on a bottle cap. Most bottle caps don't have anything written on them at all, much less the flight number of a soon-to-depart airline.

What could be the reason for that kind of a revelation at such a time? Certainly it was an important flight for me not to miss. Could some supernatural force be projecting itself into my mind at just the right moment, so that I wouldn't miss my flight?

I took a look at my boarding pass just to make sure. "Gate 84", it said. I turned around and walked to my gate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a lot of secrets about nature we do not know them yet. I believe a day will come that we can use the spiritual powers in our life by our will. As we do not know this kind of site of science we call them meta-physics. However these supernatural phenomena can be justified by religious theorms.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I think 'supernatural forces' just like 'hiccups' are just there to keep us guessing.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is PURE coincidenal. I do not see it any different from the chance a person hits a jackpot - but it does happen! So it happened to you as well this time, though not a jackpot.

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answers lie not in the active stream of thoughts but in the daydreams between thoughts when the mind wanders. That's when your tuned into the metaphysical.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home